Breaking bad!

Day 63 of lockdown
Day 69 something

So I have officially lost track of the number of days that we've been in lockdown. A glance at my blog tells me that it's been 60+ days that we've been holed up indoors. And while it's been an interesting experience, to say the least. There's so much to talk about, I think I can even write a book about it, once I am done with #book2. 

But for the time being, here's a thing that I am want to talk about. 

Technology. 
Breaking upon on me.
For no apparent reason. 
At the worst of times! 

Since we've been in the lockdown, here are the things that have broken on me. The days are approximate :)
  • On the 2nd day, the phone's screen broke. To a point that I could not even look at it! Thankfully I had a backup Android phone - the good part was that as a result the time I spent on the phone reduced considerably. Thankfully after about 2-3 weeks, I found a local handyman and got the phone fixed.
  • On the 10th day, I realized that the AC that I have rented from RentoMojo does not work! I mean I hadn't used in a few months and there was no reason to. Now that weather in Mumbai is getting unbearable, I had to use it. And realized that it was not cooling, some gas issues. Raised a complaint and despite the complaints, they could not repair it. Called a local handyman and got him to fix it. 
  • On the 35th or so day, the AC conked off yet again! This time, Rentomojo agreed to help and they did, though after a few days. 
  • On the 55th day, the cable that charges the only computer I have (a Macbook Air) broke! Like broke. It would not charge. I could still use it to power the laptop and keep it functional. So, I had to maneuver the cable in a weird position to get it to keep the laptop alive. Thankfully, Amazon started working in the meanwhile and I could order a replacement charger. Let's see how long this one lasts. 
  • Finally, the day before, the charging cable of the iPhone broke! I am in no mood to buy a replacement cable. I'd use the wireless charging station. 

Thing is, because of the lockdown the access was severely limited to markets, market places, people, and other things that could fix these things that broke on me. For no explicable reason. 

Plus all these are expensive, lifestyle things. That means that it takes money as well! It is frustrating to the point that you want to give up. That's the thing. I sweat about the small stuff and I am ok with larger things that most people lose sleep over! 

Of course I am privileged that I have access to all these in the first place. And then I have access to people and tools that can fix these. And then of course, money. 

Anyhow. The point I was trying to make from this post is, when things get tough, it pours from all sides. And all we can do is, keep calm and carry on :) As they say, life always finds a way. Hope it finds soon :) 

Previous posts that I wrote during the lockdown are - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 19, 30, 32, 34, 35, 37, 39, 45, 47, 57

No comments:

The Nidhi Kapoor Story

Did you like this post? May be you want to read my first book - The Nidhi Kapoor Story.

Check it out on Amazon or Flipkart?