Sudama vs Kucheludu

So this morning we are having breakfast in the mess and my dear roomie Mr. Pochu Prasad tells us that in Mahabharats there was a character who was childhood friend of Lord Krishna. Once they grew, that friend would take the same thing we are eating to Krishna when Krishna became the king. I agree. Perfect. 10 on 10.

Here is the interesting part ...
Pochu says that his name was Kucheludu or something like that and I yell like crazy that he was Sudama. I now have a lot of attention and I ofcourse sit down but the argument continues and we are deadlocked.

I give him a challenge that go ask ANYONE, anyone on the road, hostel and just mention three words - Lord Krishna, Childhood Friend and Poor and you would get the name. I am winning 5 - 1 right now and he has been outta room most morning tryng to find people to help him.

And here is another interesting part ...
Since Pochu is from Hyderabad, he asked yet another andhraite and he also said Kuchar.

And it wont get more interesting than this ...
Pochu is at this very moment on the phone with his mom asking the name of the poor friend. I dunno what her reply would be but as they say ... Curosity Kills and this reminds me of one of the mental models taught by Prof. Bakshi - Social Proof !

Do the epics change as we move from North India to South India? I know people are known with different names but is it possible that someone is famous as Mr. X in these neck of the woods and Mr. Y in other?

Edit: The name was changed from Kuchar to Kucheludu on a special request from my roomie ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear roomie!

itz "kucheludu" and not kuchar as popularly known atleast in andhra.

Anonymous said...

whats in a name

Anonymous said...

lagta hai pochu bhi pene lag gaya hai and why are all the istructions on this site in french

The Nidhi Kapoor Story

Did you like this post? May be you want to read my first book - The Nidhi Kapoor Story.

Check it out on Amazon or Flipkart?