|John Trever. Via Log 24|
Here is my list. And if all goes well, by the end of 2014,
- I would have published at least one book. Most likely, it would be The Nidhi Kapoor Story.
- I would be 30" in diameter. I am far more than right now.
- I would have saved enough to not work for someone else. Enough said.
- I would have learnt to code. Atleast code WP plugins and themes.
- I would have learnt how to play guitar. At least the 25 most played songs on my playlist.
- I would've done all the things that I have listed here. This is a private list, in case you were wondering.
- Write 1500 words. Towards a book or towards this blog or towards yet another writing project.
- Think of ten ideas. As recommended by James Altucher.
- Workout for 30 minutes. It could be a walk, a swim, a session of yoga (I attend Yoga Kuteer) or something on similar lines.
And often I would...
- Meet strangers. I want to meet one new person a day but I know its tough to do so. I would try to meet at least one stranger a week. I'd call it #meetAStranger or something.
- Create and put out a new project once a month at least. This could be a business, could be a text, could be a blog etc. I think I would work on all those ideas that I have saved on my parkedIdeas tag.
- Read a book every week. I will use tips from this Farnam Street post to help me reach my goal.
Thats all I want to do. In 2014.
Come to think of it, at my age, when I should be changing the world and making the dent et al, here I am, trying to write a book. Sigh. But then I guess I need to take small steps towards greatness. The endeavor to make the dent remains. Like Archimedes said, "Give me a lever long enough and I would move the Earth", I will move the Earth. If I dont get the lever, I would make one. But there is no doubt I would.
That's it I guess. Wish everyone a very happy new 2014. May the new year be full of health, love, luck and happiness.