I was talking to a friend and he told me that best part about me was that I never say no. To requests personal or professional. And for some time, I did bask in the glory of the uncalled shower of praises and affection. But then I got stuck by this thought. The way Hancock strikes the train or the way Sachin strikes a cricket ball, the way I stump readers with my analogies. Anyways, I realized what was wrong with me.
I never said no! To anything! Not even to strangers. Not even to bad ideas. Not even to things that I know wont help me.
- Dude, I think its a brilliant idea. Lets do it. Ya man! why not.
- Dude can you lend me like a 5K? Ofcourse dear stranger. Here.
- Do you have a minute? Yes I have all the time in the world.
- Do you want to buy this shoe that you would never wear again? Oh! it will be my pleasure.
- Do you think I should try this? Yep, you should.