But the malfunction at the matrix ensued that I did zilch. I mean not exactly zilch but when I compare it to other things, its more or less zilch. Anyway, the point of a report card it to evaluate how I did. Here is a list.
Here are the things that I did in this month.
- Finished the first draft of The Nidhi Kapoor Story. Now I need to send the draft to friends, look for an editor and a publisher. If you know how to go about publishing, please help.
- Ran out of money that I had saved while I was with Gravity. Now that the first draft of the book is done and I am out of money, I need to find something that pays me enough to pay my bills in Mumbai. I am in the job market now.
- I took steps towards the inch loss goal that I have set for myself for the end of the year. These are yoga, walking and swimming.
- This month, I also complete ten years of blogging. I started writing this blog in Jan of 2004 and its been ten years. Like I keep saying, apart from living and dreaming, this is the only activity that I have done for so long. This is the post that I wrote about it.
I missed the following things this month.
- I had listed a few writing projects. I haven't been able to work on any. Its a long list. I have them archived on my Evernote. I shall try to initiate those in Feb.
In Feb 2014, I would do the following.
- Work on Capt Obvious. Its a blog about brands and businesses.
- Launch ISIN. Finally. I have been thinking on this for some time now. Its about time I did it.
- Start the next plot. I have a vague idea. I want to retell a classic, set in modern context.
- Sell sgElectra. I know. Sell. :(
- Do things that I was supposed to do in Jan. Ref Evernote.
That's it. I hope to make these report cards every month. I think I did sometime in the past but I cant seem to recall. Over a period of time, I would try to put tangibles in these cards. For example, I'd say that I wrote 20000 words this months or I spent 30% less than last month or something like that.
I can try and make this report on a non-public forum. I did a pros and cons analysis. I realized that by putting these online, I give myself an outside chance of bumping into people that may help me with these goals. If I do this bit on evernote, I lose out on the opportunity.
Lets see when I do that. You may want to read tnks blog in the meanwhile.
P.S. Thanks James. Really really appreciate all that you write.