5 in 2

So next up in my life is this thing that I call 5 in 2. The idea is simple enough to post it on the blog. And like every other idea, complex enough that I shall fail. No matter how hard I try. And this is the fun bit.

Coming to it, right now, at 28, I look 30, talk 15, think 15 and feel 35. The goal is, that in next 2 years, I need to be younger by 5 years. I need to look 25, talk 25, think 50 and feel 25.

This time, for a change I have put realistic goals. I know that two years is a long enough time to regain fitness, live my love for sports, master new crafts and get younger. And for a change (once again), I have an agenda. I am going to do it in phases. I am starting with swimming. Then I shall move onto bicycling. Followed by weight training. And finally combination of two, or even all three.

And just to reiterate the seriousness, I have already started learning swimming. So far I have been able to go 4 times a week. 30 mins per session. I dont know if I am going to burn calories but it sure tires me and gives me that kick (achievement wali) when I do those mini-goals that I set for myself. And more than anything else, since right now I am learning, the curve is steep and every day there is a new goal to challenge me. Like yesterday was the first time when I did half the breadth of the pool. Its not more than 20 feets but its an achievement for me. The lucky/sad part is that the pool closes by end of September. So I need to find an alternative after that. Welcome bicycling.

In October, it starts getting colder in the mornings. And what could be a better way than bicycling to feel the chill. As a kid, I use to love riding a bicycle. Last I rode, I think I was in my school! I have already started a hunt for the right bike. I plan to gift myself one on my birthday. Infact, day before, I saw this all terrain bike, made of aluminum frame, had three shock absorbers and two disk brakes (the salesman said so). Its worth a mini fortune. But then, like someone once said, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ;P. And then someone else (or may be the same guy) said, boys dont grow older, just that their toys get fancier and more expensive.

And post that, the part of brain that is responsible for planning things is beginning to revolt. There are tons of health clubs around where I live. I shall figure out the one that fits my budget and go for it. I need to finish this, lest I leave it mid-way. The way I leave most things.

Anyways, in other news, I saw Inception. Understood some bits of it. Tried to revive a public blog at (?). Cajoled SG26Jul into working on BP. Going to Mumbai tomorrow In Mumbai today and hope to have a good time amidst all the chaos that I know I am going to be in. Stayed the night at VG's place. Talked, had Maggi, saw TV, read a book. Had an enlightenment last night on the plane (that I want to play Poker professionally. And I can).

Gotta go. But please please remind me of 5 in 2 next time you see me hogging at a McD's or Haldiram's.

P.S.: Wrote a long post after a while. Feels good to be back.
P.P.S.: Starting a new set of tags. Now that this blog is private, I can be lot more lucid with things.

No comments:

The Nidhi Kapoor Story

Did you like this post? May be you want to read my first book - The Nidhi Kapoor Story.

Check it out on Amazon or Flipkart?