Walk Down The Memory Lanes

That day among one of those lectures me and Saurabh Gupta were talking about stuff we did when we were kids (when Gupta was a kid, am still a kid). Somehow we stated talking about Comic Series and I found out that Gupta also was passionate by them. We discussed about Super Commando Dhruv, BankeLal, Nagraj, Chacha Chaudhary and what not. We even talked about few comics that we were able to recall. That was one awesome hour.

I used to be so passionate about Super Commando Dhruv that I had almost decided to be a con detective when I grow up. Waise I still have an option. I am yet to grow up and as an when, if ever, I DO grow up, I would love to exercise the option.

I have decided that I would tr and get the issues of the comics and see where they have reaced in the Internet Age. That time, when I was a regular reader, there were'nt many other sources of entertainment and kids would loan comics and play games. Now we have everything from computers to pool to go carting to kill time on.

Another one would be that once I actually tried my hands at writing a comic series. I don't remember what exactly it was about but yes it was an action adventure thing and the hero was called 'The Meteor Man'. WOW. Although I never got to complete the thing but yes I planned and I started.

And the last thing to write about today would be the reason why we call them comics. As far as my pea-sized brain says, comics = cpomic+s and comic is supposed to be funny and with adventure stories like that of Dhruv and his sis Natasha and Nagraj, they were far from funny. They were interesting for sure and funny at times. Probably we just called them comics because the publishers called themselves comics, eg beng Diamond Comics with famous cartoonist Pran who created Chacha Chaudhary, Sabu, Pinki, Raman etc and then there was Raj Comics with whole array of stars like Dhruv, Nagraj, Bankelal etc. etc.

Those days were good and I miss them like hell. It also reminds me of time I spent with Monu in his house perfecting the art of VideoGaming and Cricet Fielding and Cycling.

Phew !

No comments:

The Nidhi Kapoor Story

Did you like this post? May be you want to read my first book - The Nidhi Kapoor Story.

Check it out on Amazon or Flipkart?