The Morning After

Time for a Monday update. Apologies I couldn't make it last week. The week was very average with nothing special to write home about. Except that I took @sgElectra for a spin on Saturday. Forgot to take something warm and on the way back, nearly froze to death.

Apart from that, a friend (SV) gave me an idea for a series of short stories. Will work on it over March and will release it in April. For the ones who want a sneak preview, its about people, people watching, sociology, guesstimating fabricating, twitter and Internet. Keep watching this for more updates. Lemme know if you want to see some sample chapters as and when they happen.

With these stories, I will also unveil my writings section on SG.com. No, I am talking about any heavy duty material here. Just a place where I will gather all my fiction and nonfiction writings at. Idea is to create a repository of select writings and get feedback from people on them.

I also realized something about myself. At times, I get so excited by an idea that I get obsessed with it. And more often than not, those ideas are someone else's babies and hence I can't really work on them. Like this senior from MDI and his idea. Its a brilliant idea he is sitting on. I am not for a minute doubting his ability to execute it but he ought to have me on his team. More than working with him, I am keen on working on what he is trying to sell. I met him and pitched for my contribution. From look of things, he doesn't like me and I am not getting to work on it. You know I want it so bad that last night, I saw it in my dreams. Too bad. For me, for him and for the idea itself. But as with life, you win some, you lose some. Life moves on.

So I woke up early on Sunday. And since I had nothing to do, I decided to clean my drawers, shelves etc. At one point in time, I had this awesome habit of saving every bill, every receipt. From a ten bucks to whatever, I would not throw em. I would just dump them in a box. Ofcourse never to look at them again. This drawer that I cleaned had like hundred such receipts. Some dating back to early 2009. I tore all those and while doing that, they brought back tons of memories. Like this trip to Nainital with my parents. I knew what dates it was on, where all did we stop, what did we eat etc. Then there were lot of coffee shop bills. Quick research tells that I goto Barista more often than CCD. Then, when PJ was in Delhi, we had dinner at Pind Balluchi in CP. Then I found a slip with some phone number on the back. I don't know the name and I checked, I do not have that number stored with me. Then there were these petrol bills (and why did I ask for bills, god only knows), parking slips (I have parked my car at the most obscure places in Delhi), Gurgaon toll slips, bills for teeshirts that I bought (but never wore), shoes, even a laptop bag I bought in Dubai. I was serisouly amazed at the kind of things I have spent money on and all the obscure places I have been to.

And btw this is just one of the boxes that got cleaned. There is a bag full of receipts from the time I was in Mumbai. Cleaning, sorting them is another weekend project I think.

Anyways signing off. Too long a post to be written on a BB. Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't chuck all the receipts and memorabilia. They can all feature in your stories in some way - details of a journey taken interspersed with online posts about that journey, for example. In this age of multimodal messages, juxtaposing images and text make for great digital storytelling. I'll be watching this space for the stories. Happy writing!

The Nidhi Kapoor Story

Did you like this post? May be you want to read my first book - The Nidhi Kapoor Story.

Check it out on Amazon or Flipkart?